A series of (originally just 30) documentary films on sports stories from ESPN's first 30 years (1979-2009). Subjects were selected by top filmmakers, including Barry Levinson, Morgan Freeman, Ron Shelton, Albert Maysles, Frank Marshall and Ice Cube.
Premiered: October 6, 2009
Season 3, Episode 1 Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
First Aired: October 1, 2013
The story of big-wave surfer Eddie Aikau is told by director Sam George, whose images, interviews and research delve into the dynamic life and heroic death of a native Hawaiian and pioneering lifeguard who inspired an entire spiritual movement.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage