In another precursor to the Oscars, nominees for the 53rd annual Writer's Guild Awards were announced yesterday. In films, best original screenplay nods went to Almost Famous, Best in Show, Billy Elliot, Erin Brockovich and You Can Count on Me. For best screenplay adaptation, it was Chocolat, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, High Fidelity, Traffic and Wonder Boys. Meanwhile, The West Wing boasted three nods for best writing in a TV drama, while The Sopranos got two and another went to Once & Again. Plus, Will & Grace got a nod for best sitcom writing, while Frasier and Sex and the City each snagged two.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life