If you were lucky enough to watch last week's Friday Night Lights, you won't argue with us — or the ongoing Facebook campaign — that Zach Gilford needs to be on this year's Emmy ballot. Just look at his superlative work last in "The Son," in which his Matt Saracen delivered a brief, bittersweet eulogy at his fallen-soldier father's funeral. Instead of serving up a hysterical, over-the-top attack on our heartstrings, Gilford went for the gut, with a brutally sad performance that revealed Matt's unspoken anger at all of the missed birthdays and football games, even as he celebrated the sacrifice his father made for the greater good. And that's what Gilford has been since he first starting playing ball for FNL: the greater good among an already stellar cast. Here's hoping that all of the hard work that he makes look so effortless will be remembered come Emmy time.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. Wayward Pines: Don't Discuss Your Life Before