Those who attended Saturday's Vampire Diaries panel at PaleyFest may now be deaf — fans of Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley and Nina Dobrev definitely made themselves heard. Unfortunately, that also meant that the cast and executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries could hardly get a word in edgewise. Here are the five mini teases they were able to share in between screams:
1. Hope for Delena: Even though Damon and Elena keep saying they shouldn't be together, they can't quite keep their hands off each other. "The problem is they keep taking their pants off and that's what gets in the way of the grown-up conversations," Somerhalder said, pointing out that it may be a while before they can have a serious talk about their future. But that just means there will be more sexy time to come. Cue screaming.
2. Hope for Stelena: The doppelgänger prophecy that says Elena and Stefan are destined to be together will explored in the coming episodes. "We dig deep into this idea of the universe drawing them together," Plec said. "It leads Elena and Stefan to a lot of conversations to their love story and free will." Cue more screaming.
3. Hope for the return of Katherine: The writers purposely left it open to interpretation as to where Katherine went, but it was pretty much hell. "We really wanted to pay off her character by having the most epic death possible," Dries said. "We wanted it to feel really different than any death on the show. It was such a profound exit for that character." Never say never, but sorry, folks, she's really dead. Cue sad screaming.
4. Hope for Klaroline: For those fans still desperate to see Caroline (Candice Accola) and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) end up together, Plec shared some bad news: Caroline is not heading to The Originals. "Caroline Forbes is such a crucial element ... on The Vampire Diaries and taking her off that show would be very damaging to the show," Plec said. "Klaus has sh-- to do. He's a busy guy. It's not, 'Never say never'—" "But we have Caroline," Somerhalder quickly interjected. Cue more sad screaming.
5. Hope for... Stefan and Caroline? With Caroline and Stefan both spurned by their former loved ones, they could turn to each other for solace. "Caroline and Stefan have a lot to do together in the next couple episodes," Plec teased. "They go through some stuff together." Cue over-excited screaming.
Are you #TeamStelena? #TeamDelena? #TeamKlaroline? Scream all you want in the comments!
The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8/7c on The CW.
(Full disclosure: TVGuide.com is owned by CBS, one of The CW's parent companies.)