One threesome, two bubble baths, a few deaths and a sly, yet surprisingly swoon-worthy, Silas? Judging back the craziness of the Vampire Diaries Season 5 premiere, fans are in for one heck of a (sexy) season.
The show picks up with everyone well-aware that the carefree summer is coming to an end and the next chapter of their lives is about to begin. Confirming what Ian Somerhalder recently told us, Damon and Elena (Nina Dobrev) are nothing short of adorable (and horny!). Caroline (Candice Accola) is as Type-A as ever while preparing her dorm, Bonnie (Kat Graham) is still pretending that she's away for the summer so her friends don't have to deal with her death, Jeremy (Steven Mcqueen) is dreading his return to high school, Matt (Zach Roerig) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) are off painting the town red in Europe,and Stefan (Paul Wesley) is drowning at the bottom of the river. What happens next? You'll have to wait another two weeks to find out. But in the meantime, we can share five fun teases for what lies ahead.
1. Can we say threesome? And within the first five minutes! Yep, one of the show's couples invite a third party to join them in a champagne-filled evening that doesn't leave the bedroom. Any guesses which parties are involved?
2. Steamy bubble baths: There's not one, but two bubble bath scenes. (If you've seen any of the previews, you know who is half-naked in them.) Although both scenes start off sexy, they actually have more somber (and scary) endings.
3. Multiple deaths: It wouldn't be a vampire show without a few stakings and neck bites. But both deaths carry weight that will be felt for much of the season.
4. Responsible Damon: As Dobrev recently reminded us, Damon has a penchant for messing things up. But he'll certainly make a concerted effort to keep the house — and little brother Gilbert — under control. It's actually pretty sweet watching Damon try his very hardest to be the world's best boyfriend.
5. Swoon-worthy Silas: It wouldn't be the first time we fell for a villain (ahem, Klaus!). As fans of Ripper Stefan know, Wesley is oh-so-good at playing bad, and he shines in a role that has him manipulate and intimidate his way to getting what he wants.
Are you excited for The Vampire Diaries premiere? And don't forget to watch our interviews from the show's set below:
The Vampire Diaries premieres on Thursday, Oct. 3 at 8/7c on The CW.
(Full disclosure: TVGuide.com is owned by CBS, one of the CW's parent companies.)