Is there more upheaval on the set of Fox's troubled John Goodman sitcom Normal, Ohio? TV Guide Online has learned that executive producer Bob Kushell has left the show to "develop another project" with Carsey-Werner Productions. Bonnie and Terry Turner (3rd Rock from the Sun, That '70s Show) remain as executive producers. This is just the latest shake-up to rock Normal which finds Goodman playing a gay father in small-town Ohio. The concept was retooled over the summer and the cast overhauled. Anthony LaPaglia was dropped as Goodman's straight roomie and Ellen's Joely Fisher has been added as Goodman's tough and sassy sister. But a Carsey-Werner spokesperson insists Kushell's exit should not be interpreted as an ominous sign. "It was not about creative differences," says the rep. "It was a situation basically where this was a Bonnie and Terry project and he was brought on to give his input. Bob has a development deal with us and now he's going to develop his own project." Meanwhile, Variety reports that Mad About You creator Danny Jacobson is in talks to replace Kushell. Normal debuts on Nov. 1.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly