It was a good weekend for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. In addition to its four Oscar statuettes, the martial arts love story bagged three more trophies Saturday at the 16th Annual Independent Spirit Awards, which honor outstanding achievements in independent filmmaking. Besides being dubbed best picture, Tiger also earned plaudits for director Ang Lee and supporting actress Zhang Ziyi. Meanwhile, Ellen Burstyn was named best lead actress for Requiem for a Dream; Javier Bardem, best lead actor for Before Night Falls; and Willem Dafoe, best supporting actor for Shadow of the Vampire. And though You Can Count on Me was shut out of the winner's circle by Oscar, the Laura Linney drama picked up Spirit Awards for best screenplay (Kenneth Lonergan) and best first feature (for Lonergan and producers John Hart and Jeffrey Sharp).
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life