Instead of hunting colored eggs this weekend, it appears folks raced to see Panic Room. The Jodie Foster thriller took the top spot and had the biggest Easter holiday film opening ever, taking in $30.2 million. The animated Ice Age characters held on to their No. 2 spot, grossing $18.6 million. Dennis Quaid's newest flick, The Rookie, slid into the No. 3 spot with $15.8 million. Rounding out the top five: Blade II (No. 4 with $13.2 million) and Clockstoppers (No. 5 with $10.1 million). The new dark comedy Death to Smoochy, starring Robin Williams, may have dug its own grave it debuted at No. 7 with only $4.3 million.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life