When Stranger Things quietly debuted on Netflix over the summer, it didn't take long before the '80s-set supernatural horror show was all anyone could talk about. But even after the chants of "Justice for Barb" and theories about the Upside Down died down, the world's obsession with the series' young stars kept going, continually fueled by the cast's endlessly adorable antics.
If you had told us last year that Taylor Swift's girl gang would lose the #SquadGoals crown to a bunch of preteens, we never would have believed you. But Finn Wolfhard (Mike), Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven), Gaten Matarazzo (Dustin), Caleb McLaughlin (Lucas) and Noah Schnapp (Will) have taken the title.
Check out 13 times the Stranger Things kids redefined squad goals in 2016 below:
1. When they told the hilarious behind-the-scenes story of Wolfhard and Brown's kissing scene
2. When they slayed "Uptown Funk" at the Emmys
3. When the whole gang got together to celebrate Wolfhard's 12th birthday
4. When they couldn't believe that dial-up internet was a thing (around 5:15)
5. When they made up nicknames for each other
6. When Matarazzo and McLaughlin belted out the theme songs to Ghostbusters, Stand by Me and more
7. When Schnapp posted this hilarious meme of the cast
8. When Brown rapped Nicki Minaj's verse in "Monster" (around 4:40)
9. When they took this selfie pretending to be gross, even though we all know they're as adorable as ever
10. When they reviewed retro toys and had their minds blown!
11. When they nonchalantly listed all the celebrities who are their mega-fans
12. When their silly photos looked way better than our serious photos
13. Literally every time they've ever danced