Director Spike Lee called Mel Gibson's Revolutionary War epic The Patriot "a complete whitewashing of history" in an angry letter to The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday. "For three hours, The Patriot dodged around, skirted about or completely ignored slavery," wrote Lee. "The Patriot is pure, blatant American Hollywood propaganda. While holding myself back from shouting at the screen, I kept wondering 'Where are the slaves? Who's picking the cotton?' "
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly