Producer Darren Star has reluctantly made changes to a character from his upcoming WB teen satire Grosse Pointe after former boss Aaron Spelling complained that it mocked his daughter Tori Spelling. The show which pokes fun at the industry via a look behind the scenes of a Beverly Hills, 90210-like series had featured a character who lands a role on the show because her uncle is the network president. The nepotism thread has been removed and the character's hair color has been changed. "[But] I'm not easily letting it go," Star told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, CA. "I think that when you're doing a show about Hollywood, you would have a character in which [nepotism] is going to be a component. But it wasn't worth fighting to the point of, perhaps, not seeing the show on the air." Star, whose HBO comedy, Sex and the City, is up for nine Emmys, worked with Spelling on 90210 and Melrose Place. "Obviously Aaron Spelling and Tori Spelling were upset," he added, "and they're people I have really great relationships with."
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York