Addressing the streamlining of Saturday Night Live's ensemble for the new season, Lorne Michaels tells the Associated Press that since the only alternative was to put out fewer shows, he chose to bid farewell to Horatio Sanz, Chris Parnell and Finesse Mitchell instead. "Like a garden that gets overgrown, [ SNL] needed to be pruned," he says, adding that the smaller cast also means "everyone gets enough playing time." Michaels also confirms that "The Needlers" will reunite at the WU desk when Seth Meyers, having bested three others up for the gig, replaces Tina Fey alongside Amy Poehler. SNL returns Sept. 30, with Dane Cook as host. TV Guide hears that Earl's Jaime Pressly will front the show the following week.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life