Now that former ABC star D.L. Hughley's sitcom, The Hughleys, has been snatched up by UPN, the comic apparently feels safe lobbing a few bombs at his old network. "They didn't know what to do with us, so they didn't do anything," he told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, CA, of ABC's promotional efforts (or lack there of) for his show. "A lot of people talk about how they got out of an abusive relationship and now I know exactly how they feel." Hughley was particularly steamed when the network canceled him and proposed giving his Friday night slot to Damon Wayans's My Wife and Kids, a black family comedy that he felt bore more than a passing resemblance to his show. "When I talked to Stu [Bloomberg, ABC Television co-chairman], I said 'You're doing my show all over again. The only difference is I'm not in it,' " Hughley said. "So that was kind of tough for me to take and I said I would have a problem legally. The next time I talked to them, that show was a midseason replacement and it's being retooled."
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life