Showtime's Homeland will return for a second season of 12 one-hour episodes, the network announced Wednesday.lavishly praised program — which marked Claire Danes' return to television since her starring role on My So-Called Life -- debuted Oct. 2 as the network's highest-rated freshman drama series ever, with 4.4 million viewers. Danes plays a CIA officer who suspects a returning POW (Damian Lewis) has been turned."Homeland is just getting started," David Nevins, Showtime's president of entertainment, said in a statement. "Clearly, the overall audience growth from Week 1 to Week 4 demonstrates that this show is hitting a nerve in the cultural zeitgeist ... in the post-9/11 world. I'm quite confident that its passionate audience will be riveted as the season unfolds and people discover where this story is going."
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York