Top 10 Shocking Scandals: From Anna Nicole to Heath - How Readers Reacted
Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger
It has been a busy week. Britney Spears was released
from a psychiatric hospital. We finally got some answers from Heath Ledger
's toxicology report
. And today, Feb. 8, as it happens, is the anniversary of Anna Nicole Smith
's death. Throughout this tumultuous year, our users’ opinions have often been as provocative as the news itself, so now we’re turning the spotlight on them. Here’s our list of some of the best user comments from the most shocking scandals of the last 12 months:
1. Anna Nicole Smith dies. (Feb. 8, 2007)
"Anna Nicole certainly chose some very difficult paths in her life. I respect and honor her as a human being and as a mother. I pray her new journey to healing and peace will be swift." —Tikiwoowoo
2. Paris Hilton goes to jail. (June 3, 2007)
"It's probably the first time in her life that she actually had to face a consequence for anything and couldn't buy her way out. Those tears are character-building." — shipperx
3. The producers of Grey's Anatomy fire Isaiah Washington after he uses a homophobic slur on the set. (June 7, 2007)
"The fact is, if I called someone a faggot at work, then started [allegedly] choking a coworker, I would have been fired on the spot." — XophMiller
4. Lindsay Lohan is arrested for DUI. (July 24, 2007)
"I'm so disappointed in her. I guess I was one of the few who was really rooting for her." — Chinita731
5. Nude pictures of Vanessa Hudgens appear online. (Sept. 6, 2007)
"Why couldn't it have been one of the guys instead?" —killerhook321
6. "Unflattering" photos of Jennifer Love Hewitt start a movement. (Dec. 2, 2007)
"Jennifer Love Hewitt has a real body. A beautiful body. And she looks fantastic in those pictures. It's ridiculous for her to have to defend herself for it." — Debbie
7. Sixteen-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears announces she is pregnant. (December 18, 2007)
"I had a child at age 16 myself and it doesn't mean that I am a bad person. I simply made some bad choices. I am now 21 years old and a mother of two. I don't believe that anyone should judge Jamie; its not their place." — youngmomma
8. Britney Spears is hospitalized. (Jan. 3, 2008)
"Britney is obviously a very sick person and I don't wish to see anyone like this." — footballfran
9. A private video of Tom Cruise talking about Scientology leaks to the Web. (Jan. 15, 2008)
"Why is this seen as controversial? What I see is a man talking about his religion and how it has changed his life for the better. He is doing nothing different than Billy Graham or the Pope." — harris4
10. Heath Ledger dies at 28. (Jan. 22, 2008)
"When I heard the news that Heath died, I felt like the wind got knocked out of me." — jennifer08378
Check out our related photo gallery here.
For a complete tribute, check out Anna Nicole: One Year After, airing all weekend on the TV Guide Channel (check local listings).
For more features, news and inside scoop, the latest issue of TV Guide has an exciting and in-depth look at the new NASCAR season, including a handy pull-out schedule. Try four risk-free issues of TV Guide now!
Send your comments on this feature to email@example.com.