Are moviegoers losing their appetite for a certain cannibal? Red Dragon, the latest installment in the Hannibal Lecter saga, grossed $37.5 million during its opening weekend considerably less than the $58 million its predecessor, Hannibal, took in last year in its debut. Still, the far-superior Dragon set a record as the best October opening in history, surpassing 2000's Meet the Parents ($28.6 million). Last weekend's top film, Sweet Home Alabama, slipped to No. 2 with $21.6 million, followed by The Tuxedo (No. 3 with $10.1 million), My Big Fat Greek Wedding (No. 4 with $8.5 million) and Barbershop (No. 5 with $6.8 million). Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie opened at No. 6 with $6.5 million, and the family drama Moonlight Mile expanded to more theaters and rose to No. 9 with $2 million.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly