And the awards rush continues... Nominations for the 7th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards were announced this morning in Los Angeles, and Almost Famous, Billy Elliot, Chocolat, Gladiator and Traffic will compete for the top prize Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture. In the lead actor slot, 14-year-old Billy Elliot star Jamie Bell will face-off against Russell Crowe (Gladiator), Benicio Del Toro (Traffic), Tom Hanks (Cast Away) and Geoffrey Rush (Quills). Competing in the lead actress category are Joan Allen (The Contender), Juliette Binoche (Chocolat), Ellen Burstyn (Requiem for a Dream), Laura Linney (You Can Count on Me) and Julia Roberts (Erin Brockovich). On the TV side, ensemble drama series nominees include ER, Law & Order, The Practice, The Sopranos and The West Wing. Among comedies, Ally McBeal, Frasier, Friends, Sex & the City and Will & Grace will duke it out. The SAG Awards will air on TNT March 11 at 8 pm ET/PT. For a complete list of nominees, visit www.sagawards.org.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage