Broadcast legend Chick Hearn, the Los Angeles Lakers's longtime play-by-play announcer who coined the phrases "slam dunk," "air ball" and "dribble drive," died on Monday just days after suffering a head injury in a fall. He was 85. "There's never going to be another Chick Hearn," said Lakers legend Magic Johnson. "He's a man who will be remembered long after. Some people grow bigger than their sport, bigger than their job." Hearn fell and struck his head Friday at his Encino, Calif., home. Doctors operated twice on Saturday, but he never regained consciousness.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 4. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly