The folks at NBC missed the boat on reality programming, and they know it. Speaking to reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, CA, NBC's West Coast president Scott Sassa, whose job was rumored to be in jeopardy, admitted that he underestimated the draw of shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Survivor, now realizing that "this is not just a fad, it's a trend." The network's entertainment president, Garth Ancier, explained: "We had a schedule that was performing well, so we didn't rush into this." (Surely he's not referring to Suddenly Susan.) Well, better late than never, NBC may try to cash in on the craze with the reality show Chains of Love, in which a woman is chained to four men and decides who she wants to date.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life