CBS kicked off the new fall season Monday on a high note, with Everybody Loves Raymond's hour-long Italy adventure easily winning its timeslot, attracting more than 22 million viewers its largest audience to date. The rest of CBS's Monday comedy lineup also fared well: The return of King of Queens at 8 pm and the premiere of critically panned newcomer Yes, Dear at 8:30, also won their timeslots. Elsewhere, NBC's debut of the Oliver Platt newspaper drama, Deadline, performed solidly at 9 pm, despite poor numbers for the lead-in combo of Daddio and rookie comedy Tucker. At 10 pm, NBC's Third Watch beat CBS's Family Law. Meanwhile, preliminary numbers from last night bodes well for Fox's new James Cameron sci-fi drama, Dark Angel. The show's two-hour premiere finished second only to ABC's Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and the network's presidential debate coverage.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. A.D. The Bible Continues: The First Martyr
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. Jane The Virgin: Chapter Twenty-One