The 82nd Academy Awards drew its largest audience since 2005, capping off an awards season that saw ratings growth for every major awards show.Barbara Walters' final Oscars special drew 15 million viewers, its biggest audience since 2002. The half-hour red carpet show drew its largest audience (25.1 million viewers) in three years.The Simpsons (4.9 million viewers) and Family Guy (5.6 million viewers) came in second for the night among 18-to-49-year-olds.CBS placed third in the demo, but drew the most viewers behind ABC. A new Amazing Race pulled in 8.5 million viewers, while repeats of Undercover Boss and Cold Case were watched by 6.5 million viewers and 5.4 million viewers, respectively.On NBC, a half-hour Dateline drew 6.1 million viewers at 8/7c. An airing of Bad Boys II covered the rest of the network's prime-time schedule, averaging 3 million viewers.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life