Litchfield's best couple was tragically wrenched apart in Season 3 when Luschek (Matt Peters) blamed Nicky for the heroin Caputo (Nick Sandow) found in his desk. Nicky was unceremoniously sent to max, while Morello looked on, helpless to stop it or even say a real goodbye.
Although Morello is now married and Nicky isn't even at Litchfield, we refuse to give up hope for a Morello-Nicky happily ever after. Here are 11 reasons we're going down with this ship.
1. They speak the same language.
2. Neither of them is afraid to speak their mind.
3. They always support each other.
4. They have the best dirty talk.
5. Nicky isn't afraid to put Morello's happiness first.
6. They make each other laugh.
7. The way Morello looks at Nicky.
8. The way Nicky looks at Morello.
9. Their banter is perfection.
10. Seriously. They're hysterical together.
11. Because deep down, they're both romantics.
12. Even Nicky.
13. They're always there for each other no matter what.
14. And they accept each other as they are.
15. They both do super weird things when they eat.
16. Because their love transcends TV.
Are you hoping Nicky and Morello can make it work?
Orange Is the New Black returns Friday, June 17 on Netflix.