The New England Patriots may have squeaked by with a 20-17 upset victory over the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI on Sunday, but the night's real winner was beer maker Anheuser-Busch. Viewers chose three of the company's Bud Light commercials as their favorite Super Bowl spots. In USA Today's 14th annual Ad Meter derby, the best-liked ad was the one featuring a Bud Light-lovin' guy whose wife lures him into bed with a bottle of beer, but loses him when he slides off her satin sheets and flies out the window. Bud spots featuring a Falcon hunting for beer and Cedric the Entertainer playing matchmaker ranked No. 2 and No. 3. Pepsi, meanwhile, got a cool response from its retro Britney Spears ads. The 90-second version in which Spears sung old Pepsi tunes was the third lowest-rated spot among the 52 on the Ad Meter's list. To vote in TV Guide Online's Super Bowl commercial poll, click here.
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 4. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 5. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. I Can Do That: The Harlem Globetrotters, Penn and Teller, AiRealistic