The New England Patriots may have squeaked by with a 20-17 upset victory over the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI on Sunday, but the night's real winner was beer maker Anheuser-Busch. Viewers chose three of the company's Bud Light commercials as their favorite Super Bowl spots. In USA Today's 14th annual Ad Meter derby, the best-liked ad was the one featuring a Bud Light-lovin' guy whose wife lures him into bed with a bottle of beer, but loses him when he slides off her satin sheets and flies out the window. Bud spots featuring a Falcon hunting for beer and Cedric the Entertainer playing matchmaker ranked No. 2 and No. 3. Pepsi, meanwhile, got a cool response from its retro Britney Spears ads. The 90-second version in which Spears sung old Pepsi tunes was the third lowest-rated spot among the 52 on the Ad Meter's list. To vote in TV Guide Online's Super Bowl commercial poll, click here.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life