It was over before it even began. NBC is not moving forward with Dane Cook's midseason comedy Next Caller.Deadline, the network ordered six episodes of the sitcom in May. After filming only four, NBC decided to pull the plug, claiming the series was not evolving in the direction the network desired. NBC has chosen not to air the four produced episodes.Next Caller starred Cook as a Howard Stern-type shock jock who becomes forced to partner up with bubbly and naïve NPR feminist (Collete Wolfe). Arrested Development's Jeffrey Tambor also starred.NBC still has two other midseason comedies on tap for next spring: 1600 Penn and Save Me.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage