TV's most popular mafioso, Tony Soprano, has a new foe: An Italian-American legal group has filed a defamation suit against Time Warner, which produces HBO's The Sopranos. Based in Chicago, the American Italian Defense Association contends that the mob drama "suggests that criminality is in the blood or in the genes of Italian-Americans and that Italians as early immigrants to this country had little opportunity, other than to turn to crime." Seeking no cash judgment, the group hopes to make a statement by having a court declare that The Sopranos's content violates the Illinois constitution's guarantee of individual dignity.
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 4. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 5. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. I Can Do That: The Harlem Globetrotters, Penn and Teller, AiRealistic