To catch a thief, you're going to have follow Michael Douglas's tracks. Variety reports that MGM has optioned the Peter Landesman investigative article "Art Con of the Century" for Douglas to star in and produce. Playwright David Henry Hwang (M. Butterfly) will pen the script. Douglas would play John Drewe, a debonair gent who, for nine years in the '80s and '90s, paid John Myatt to paint classic knockoffs, then peddled 200 of the "works" as the real thing, forging declarations of authenticity along the way. Scotland Yard nabbed Drewe after getting Myatt to confess; Drewe is currently serving a six-year term.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 6. Scandal: You Can't Take Command
- 7. Empire: Pilot