Two films tied for top honors at the box office over the weekend, but there was only one true winner. In their second weekend of release, Hollow Man and Space Cowboys each grossed $13.1 million to land in first place, but the Kevin Bacon thriller tumbled more than 50 percent, while Clint Eastwood's feel-good flick slipped just 25 percent indicating strong word of mouth. Meanwhile, the critically panned Richard Gere-Winona Ryder romance, Autumn in New York ("Ship it straight to video," exclaimed the USA Today), landed in third place with a decent $11.5 million, edging out another newcomer, The Replacements. The Keanu Reeves comedy pulled in a disappointing $11.1 million for fourth place. Nutty Professor II: The Klumps rounded out the top five with $10.3 million. The supernatural thriller Bless the Child, starring Kim Basinger, opened in seventh with $9.6 million.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Dance Moms: Mackenzie's Time to Shine
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. Married at First Sight: The Weddings
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia