Kesha isn't giving up her fight against Dr. Luke (real name Lukasz Gottwald), whom she alleges emotionally and sexually abused her. According to Us Weekly, the pop star filed papers on Monday to appeal the court ruling from February that says she has to keep her six-record contract with Sony and Dr. Luke.
"Plaintiff seeks reversal of the Order on the following grounds," states the singer's new motion. "First, the Court erred in basing its decision on its finding that Kesha could record without interference from Gottwald. Although it recognized that 'slavery was done away with a long time ago' and that '[y]ou can't force someone to work ... in a situation in which they don't want to work,' the Court's ruling requiring Kesha to work for Gottwald's companies, purportedly without his involvement, does just that."
Judge Shirley Kornreich denied Kesha's initial injunction request saying that the singer was able to record with other producers, but Kesha's mother, Rosemary Sebert, is pointing out how that isn't actually true. "Kesha's allowed to work with another producer. But Luke gets to approve them," Sebert tells UsWeekly. "He gets to approve of anyone she works with. He has final say over everything. ... Luke almost destroyed us. And he has done it intentionally."
Gottwald has vehemently denied that he ever abused Kesha, tweeting on Feb. 22, "I didn't rape Kesha and I have never had sex with her. Kesha and I were friends for many years and she was like my little sister." His lawyers have publicly stated that they believe Kesha's allegations are false and she has subject Dr. Luke "to a trial by Twitter" to "extort a contract renegotiation and money."
So far several celebrities have publicly declared their support for Kesha, including Demi Lovato, Kelly Clarkson and Lena Dunham. Taylor Swift also donated $250 thousand to help pay for the singer's legal fees.
WATCH: Adam Lambert says Kesha is doing really well amid legal battle