Terence Stamp may have voiced Jor-El for Smallville, but Julian Sands is taking on his Kryptonian form.
As seen in the season finale, Zod (Callum Blue) has ventured to Earth, albeit unaware of Clark (Tom Welling) and who he'll grow to be. Zod has brought a few Kandorians along for the ride — including Jor-El, Clark's biological dad. Sands' casting was first reported by EW's Ausiello. Jor-El first appears in the season's seventh episode, which is titled "Kandor."
The new Super-suit debuts at Comic-Con
Back at Comic-Con, executive producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders teased that because of the time-parallel caused by Zod, there would be a chance to see a living Jor-El. "You'll learn pretty quickly -- in Episode 2 -- what happens," said Peterson, who also teased that Stamp will be heard again this season as well.
Smallville premieres on Friday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c on the CW.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage