The worst phone call Jon Bon Jovi ever received? When he found out his 19-year-old daughter had overdosed. Fortunately, the singer says she's doing much better now.
His daughter, Stephanie Rose Bongiovi, overdosed on heroin in November and was facing misdemeanor charges after authorities found heroin, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in her dorm room. Charges were dropped, however, because of a "Good Samaritan" provision that exempts people from possession charges if they were seeking help for somebody experiencing a "drug or alcohol overdose or other life-threatening medical emergency."
Bon Jovi says his daughter's overdose was a wake-up call for her. "She's doing great, and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers, [but] in short, that problem is much more prevalent... than I knew and I cannot get over how many people I've met that have said, 'My son, my daughter,'" he told Katie Couric on her daytime talk show. "There is a lot of pressure on kids these days. There's access to things my generation didn't have."
Check out the full interview below: