The third time's the charm for the Scary Movie franchise. The third installment of the horror-spoof series topped the box office with $49.7 million, the best October debut ever. (Note to Good Morning America movie critic Joel Siegel: My 84-year-old grandmother went to see SM 3 based on your glowing review only to storm out of the theater 10 minutes in. "It was revolting," she told me last night. "Can you get me Joel's address, because I want to write him a letter.") Meanwhile, the Scary windfall pushed last weekend's No. 1 flick, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, to No. 2 with $14.7 million. Cuba Gooding Jr.'s feel-good drama Radio opened in third place with an impressive $14 million haul. And Angelina Jolie's career troubles continued with her latest flick Beyond Borders, which debuted at No. 11 with a beyond horrific $2 million.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 5. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. Bullseye: Amazing New Competition Series
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia