First Accuser Drops Sexual Battery Lawsuit Against John Travolta
The anonymous masseur who first accused John Travolta of assault and sexual battery has dropped his lawsuit against the actor, People reports.
After evidence surfaced that contradicts his allegations, a notice of dismissal was filed Tuesday at the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles. "Let's just say we had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways," his lawyer Okorie Okorocha told the magazine.
Report: Second masseur joins lawsuit against John Travolta
The masseur, known as John Doe Number One in the lawsuit filed May 4, had claimed that the Grease star tried to have sex with him after hiring him for a massage in Beverly Hills on Jan. 16. Travolta's legal team last week produced evidence, including pictures, that proved that the actor was in New York that day.
A second masseur accusing the actor of acting improperly during a massage appointment remains on the lawsuit and is still seeking $2 million in damages. "We'll disprove [John Doe Number Two's claims], but we need specifics first," Travolta's lawyer told the magazine.