The sophomore-season premiere of ABC's Desperate Housewives drew 28.2 million viewers, falling just shy of the series' May finale numbers. The adventures of Bree, Gaby, Susan, Lynette and Betty's strange cellar dweller, coupled with a two-part Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (16.3 million) and Grey's Anatomy's own premiere (19.5 million), led ABC to an easy Sunday-night win. Elsewhere, CBS' Martha Behind Bars TV-movie, handicapped by the football-delayed Cold Case debut, turned out not to be a good thing, with fewer than 10 million samplers, while the fifth-season opener of NBC's Law & Order: Criminal Intent posted its lowest marks for a season premiere, collaring just 10.3 million viewers.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise is Home
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly