Someone tell Bill Murray it's safe to come out of hiding now. The big screen remake of Charlie's Angels starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Murray karate-chopped its way to the top of the box office over the weekend, grossing an estimated $40.5 million. The film's blockbuster opening pushed Meet the Parents out of the No. 1 spot, a position it held for the last four weeks. The Robert De Niro comedy slipped to No. 2 with $13.1 million. Robert Redford's feel-good golf drama The Legend of Bagger Vance which received lukewarm reviews from critics opened at No. 3 with a somewhat disappointing $12 million. Rounding out the top five were Remember the Titans at No. 4 ($7 million) and the Battlefield Earth of the fall, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2, at No. 5 ($5.3 million). The horror-ble sequel saw its audience erode by 60 percent from last weekend. Now that's scary.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life