Someone tell Bill Murray it's safe to come out of hiding now. The big screen remake of Charlie's Angels starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Murray karate-chopped its way to the top of the box office over the weekend, grossing an estimated $40.5 million. The film's blockbuster opening pushed Meet the Parents out of the No. 1 spot, a position it held for the last four weeks. The Robert De Niro comedy slipped to No. 2 with $13.1 million. Robert Redford's feel-good golf drama The Legend of Bagger Vance which received lukewarm reviews from critics opened at No. 3 with a somewhat disappointing $12 million. Rounding out the top five were Remember the Titans at No. 4 ($7 million) and the Battlefield Earth of the fall, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2, at No. 5 ($5.3 million). The horror-ble sequel saw its audience erode by 60 percent from last weekend. Now that's scary.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Dance Moms: Mackenzie's Time to Shine
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. Married at First Sight: The Weddings
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia