As part of a People article in which Grey's Anatomy's Isaiah Washington expresses his "sincere regret" and "unfortunate use of words" during an Oct. 9 on-set tussle involving cast mates Patrick Dempsey and T.R. Knight (the latter of whom subsequently came out as gay), series creator Shonda Rhimes rebuffs talk that Washington will be replaced in the role of Burke. ( ER alum Eriq La Salle was a name frequently mentioned amid the murmurings.) "I found [those rumors] not only ridiculous but offensive," Rhimes tells the mag. "The [idea] that one black [actor] was interchangeable with another seemed disturbing to me." Asked to also chime in on the controversy, Meredith Grey said, "Why wasn't Derek happy that I chose him?"
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly