Hollywood may not be able to use Steven Seagal as a punchline anymore. The actor's seemingly dead career roared back to life over the weekend when his latest film, Exit Wounds, entered the box office at No. 1 and ranked as his biggest opening to date. The action-comedy co-starring rapper DMX grossed $19 million from Friday to Sunday. Debuting in second place was the World War II drama Enemy at the Gates, which raked in $13.6 million. After two weeks at No. 1, the Brad Pitt–Julia Roberts caper The Mexican slipped to third with $8.1 million. Rounding out the top five were See Spot Run (No. 4 with $5.2 million) and 15 Minutes (No. 5 with $4.4 million). Meanwhile, Oscar contenders Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Traffic crossed the $100 million mark.
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 5. Wayward Pines: Don't Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While