HBO's Sex and the City copped three Directors Guild of America Award nominations for Top Comedy TV Series on Tuesday, while Fox's Malcolm in the Middle and NBC's Will & Grace received the other two. Sex received its nods for episodes directed by Allen Coulter, Michael Engler and Michael Patrick King. Also tapped for the category were Malcolm's Todd Holland and W&G's James Burrows. In the TV Drama category, NBC's The West Wing scored book-end nominations for Paris Barclay and Thomas Schlamme. Also nominated in the drama category were Alan Ball for the pilot of HBO's Six Feet Under, Steve Buscemi for The Sopranos and Stephen Hopkins for the pilot of Fox's 24. The DGA already has announced the nominations for features and made-for-TV movies. Winners will be announced March 9 at the 54th annual DGA Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly