More Stripping! The Return of Bieber! 5 Things We Want to See From Sam Evans on Glee
We still don't know how much we will see of the McKinley High Class of 2012 when Glee returns in September. But one member of New Directions will be back in a big way: Sam Evans! With everybody's favorite "Trouty Mouth" aka Chord Overstreet in talks to become a series regular, here are five things we're most hoping to see from Sam next season:
Glee: Chord Overstreet in talks to become a series regular for Season 4
1. More stripping! (Or at least more talk about his stripping): Channing Tatum & Co. made it rain men, and money, when the stripping drama Magic Mike collected $39.1 million singles in its opening weekend. So isn't now the perfect time to capitalize on Sam's well-known talent and dip (maybe even double dip) into his former life as male dancer "White Chocolate"? After Rachel (Lea Michele) and Finn (Cory Monteith) traveled across state borders to rescue Sam from some underexposing male thongs and over-eager female cougars, we hardly ever heard about his night gig again. Before fans figure out where Sam is headed after graduation, we have to know all the bare details about where he's been.
2. Time to step it up: Now that Finn is busy getting his Army boot camp on and bossy Blaine (Darren Criss) has quickly gone from fan favorite to Lima's most-hated, New Directions needs a new de facto group leader and fast. We could easily see Artie (Kevin McHale) and Sam leading the group together for the boys, with Sam keeping Artie in check when he gets a little power-crazed (lest we forget West Side Story and the Christmas special). Plus, if Sam was resourceful enough to dance half-naked onstage to put food on his family's table, who's to say what he will or won't do to help New Directions to another National Championship? One thing's for sure: It's going to take someone as crafty as Sam to pull off a win without Rachel.
Glee cast and creators heading to Comic-Con
3. A new female duet partner: Maybe we would be rooting more for Sam and Mercedes (Amber Riley) to keep their long-distance love alive if the plug hadn't been pulled so fast on their top-secret union at the beginning of Season 3. But after that sudden whiplash — one quick handhold and kaput! — it was hard to get completely back on their love train, especially when Mercedes kept wavering back and forth between Sam and the boring Marcus. Now that Sam is a senior, it's time for him to spread his wings and find a new leading lady with whom to share his romantic duets. Before Mercedes, some of Sam's best scenes were with his second love interest, Santana (Naya Rivera), so maybe we could find another strong-headed, but internally conflicted woman to keep him on his toes.
4. An encore by The Justin Bieber Experience: How should Sam woo this hypothetical new love interest? By serenading her with The Biebs' latest hit single "Boyfriend," obviously. Sam not only had Bieber's signature hairdo down to gelled perfection, but he had the voice, the dance moves and the heartthrob's PG-13-rated sexual magnetism to make him wildly popular on the Midwestern Ohio Bat Mitzvah circuit. The group would allow Sam to pocket some extra cash for his financially strapped parents and also give him a new opportunity to bond with the other boys of New Directions. We hate to say it, but with Mike (Harry Shum, Jr.) off enjoying his dance scholarship and Puck (Mark Salling) in Cali cleaning pools, maybe one of this year's mysterious new series regulars can fill those dancing shoes? Maybe even Puck's younger brother that the show is currently casting? Weirder things have happened on Glee.
Glee recruiting American Idol's Jessica Sanchez for arc?
5. More celebrity impressions: When Glee gives, it giveth with both hands, like in the final episodes of Season 3 when Overstreet had free reign to bust out not one but two impressions. The only problem? Now we want more. (Eat your heart out, Sean Connery!) Glee has always embraced big celebrity guests (Gwyneth Paltrow, Helen Mirren) and the cast's unique and niche talents (see: Kurt's unique method for scoring a touchdown, Vocal Adrenaline's Guy Wade aka Unique), so why not mix the two together? If this YouTube video is any indication, we've only begun to scratch the surface of what Overstreet can do.
Season 4 of Glee premieres on Thursday, Sept. 13 at 9/8c on Fox.
What do you want to see happen to Sam this year? Should he and Mercedes stay together? Share your suggestions below!