Production on How to Be a Gentleman has shut down, effectively canceling the struggling series.David Hornsby and Kevin Dillon, halted production after filming its ninth episode Friday, according to Deadline. Earlier Friday, CBS moved the show from Thursdays to Saturdays at 8:30/7:30c, starting Oct. 15, where it will now burn off its remaining seven episodes.Gentleman is the fourth casualty of the fall season, following NBC's dismissals of The Playboy Club and Free Agents, and The CW saying "later" to H8R. It's also the highest-rated show to be canceled so far, as it averaged 8 million viewers in its first two airings — a big drop-off from The Big Bang Theory's gigantic 14 million lead-in.Rules of Engagement, which was previously scheduled on Saturdays, will take over Gentleman's Thursdays-at-8:30 berth on Oct. 20 with its Season 6 premiere. A repeat of Big Bang will air in Gentleman's slot next Thursday.
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life