6 Things to Know About Fringe's Final Season Premiere
In one week, Fringe will kick off its fifth and final season in what can only be called a fast-paced sprint to the finish line.
Set in 2036, the final season follows the just-reunited Fringe Division as they attempt to rid the world of Observers, who enslaved humanity in 2016. Will Walter (John Noble) & Co. be able to succeed?
Fringe Season 5 Photos: Will the Bishop family be reunited?
We've just screened the season premiere, which will make you laugh and cry. It picks up shortly after last season's 19th episode left off, with Walter, Peter (Joshua Jackson) and Astrid (Jasika Nicole) being freed from amber by Etta (Georgina Haig), the daughter of Olivia (Anna Torv) and Peter. Before the series returns Friday, Sept. 28, here are the six things to know:
1. Where's Olivia? The good news is that she's still alive. The bad news is that someone very familiar has, ahem, acquired her. Still, what she has in her possession is what's of real importance, and it involves Walter's plan to take down the Observers, which is far from coming to fruition in the premiere.
2. Time to take charge: We'll see right away how and why the Observers destroyed our planet (hint: they kind of had to), and if there's anything our team can do about reversing its effects. While the Fringe team attempts to take them down in secret, their presence will be discovered pretty quickly, forcing them to go head-to-head with the bald-headed bastards.
Mega Buzz: Will there be a death on Fringe?
3. Wedded bliss: There's a reason you see Peter and Olivia wearing wedding rings in flashbacks, but not in the future. That's all we'll say.
4. Bloodied Walter: The promos don't lie, Walter will be in deep trouble when the series returns — and it's painful to watch. Remember how Walter's brain wasn't all together when he was freed from the amber last season? There's a reason for that and it will drive one Observer to take drastic actions.
5. Family reunion: Olivia and Etta's reunion will be sorrowfully sweet and sad at the same time, though that's not to say that won't change down the line.
6. Cuisine: Ever heard of egg sticks? No? You will!
Fringe returns Friday, Sept. 28 at 9/8c on Fox.