At last night's Manhattan premiere screening of Showtime's racy new series, Queer as Folk, Matthew C. Blank, the cable network's Chairman and C.E.O., was unapologetic when describing to the predominantly gay crowd the premise of the show. "Queer as Folk is a series about an attractive group of gay young people [that focuses on] their personal lives and sex lives," he said. "If ever there was an audience where we can dispense with the controversy, it's tonight. We all know that if this was a group of young, attractive straight people, the only thing that anyone would care about was whether it was any good. [This] is good, it is important [and] it is different. Queer as Folk deserves to be seen." The groundbreaking series premieres on Showtime Dec. 3.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2