Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew premieres on April 11 at 10/9c on MTV, and for the first time, one returning crew will compete against nine new hip-hop dance troupes in hopes of winning the $100,000 prize and the America's Best Dance Crew title.
"The dawn of the next generation of crews!" Randy Jackson said in a statement. "Season seven brings us even more amazing and diverse talent. I can't even believe this show gets crazier and better every season."
How crazy will it get? The theme of Season 7 is "Return of the Superstars." MTV will soon announce which Dance Crew vets will be returning to the stage. The series, hosted by Mario Lopez, will feature judges JC Chasez, Lil Mama and D-Trix.
So, who will take home the title? Below, we've got your first look at (and fun facts about) this season's competitors:
Hometown: San Fernando Valley, California
- This is the first crew to ever compete a second time.
- They also became the first dance crew to ever win an award at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- They were inspired by the movie You Got Served.
- All the members were involved in a near fatal car "collision," hence the team name.
Hometown: Gilbert, Ariz.
- They placed first in Hip Hop International's USA Hip Hop Dance Championship.
- They call themselves "Elektrolytes" because dance "fuels their body."
- Their ages range from 10 to 17 years old.
- They practice over the Internet via Skype.
Hometown: Monterrey, Mexico
- They incorporate salsa dancing with American hip-hop dance.
- They are inspired by old school "poppers and lockers."
- The crew is comprised of only women.
- They won the Canadian Hip Hop Dance Championship three times.
Hometown: North Hollywood
- They are known for their unique use of suspenders in their routines.
- They were forced to rally together during auditions after one member suffered a death in the family.
"Mos Wanted Crew"
Hometown: Los Angeles
- Their members represent over 30 dance crews from California and Texas.
- They have become Internet sensations with their self-produced dance videos.
"Rated Next Generation"
Hometown: Mukilteo, Washington
- The team is comprised of six women and one guy.
- They aim to be role models for today's youth.
Hometown: Roseville, California
- They perform comic interpretations of hip-hop dance
- They turn to each other and their comedy as a means to get through economic hardships.
Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew premieres Wednesday, April 11 at 10/9c on MTV.