"My girlfriend asked if she has to call me 'Emmy nominee' from now on this morning. I said no!" Stonestreet tells TVGuide.com. "I never set out to be nominated for anything, but I always knew it was possible if I was doing the job I hoped to be doing. It's just really nice to say I've been acknowledged by my peers and that people respect the work that I'm doing. I take it very seriously. I'm just really thrilled, humbled and proud."Ty Burrell and Jesse Tyler Ferguson — his on-screen partner. Ed O'Neill, the show's patriarch, was left off the short list."[Ed] has the ability to fall back on the fact that he's a bonafide television icon, but I'm definitely thinking about him today," Stonestreet says. "I'm just glad that Jesse is nominated too because we think of the relationship as a duo, and I'm just happy that we're both able to celebrate this together. We've got a 50 percent chance of bringing one of those suckers home for Modern Family! I'm just happy to be in the Emmy game. I'm kind of like my dog in that way. He's happy to go places and be at things."
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 4. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 5. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. I Can Do That: The Harlem Globetrotters, Penn and Teller, AiRealistic