More than 1,000 people gathered at a North Carolina church Saturday to mourn Elizabeth Edwards, who was remembered for her strength and her love for her family.John Edwards, did not speak. He arrived at the service hand-in-hand with Cate and the couple's two youngest children, Emma Claire, 12, and Jack, 10.Cate, 28, also read from a letter her mother had written for her children before her death."I've loved you in the best ways I've known how," the letter said. "All I ever really needed was you, your love, your presence, to make my life complete."John Kerry, John Edwards' 2004 presidential running mate, and North Carolina Gov. Beverly Perdue.Among the eight pallbearers were Cate's new fiancé, Trevor Upham, and four of Wade's childhood friends, including Tyler Highsmith, who was in the passenger seat of Wade's car the day he died.Edwards will be laid to rest next to her son.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly