NBC's quirky drama Ed got off to an impressive start Sunday night, attracting 15.7 million viewers. It placed a strong second behind CBS's 60 Minutes. The critically hailed David Letterman-produced drama, however, will face its real test when it goes up against CBS's Touched by an Angel (returning next week) and FOX's formidable comedy block of The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle (back after the World Series). Elsewhere, the WB comedies Hype and Nikki also made promising debuts Sunday. CBS is expected to win the first official week of the new season, powered by the successful premieres of The Fugitive, CSI and the Craig T. Nelson drama, The District, as well as record numbers for returning fave Everybody Loves Raymond.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York