Austin Powers probably had a sixth sense that this was going to happen: Director M. Night Shyamalan's creepy alien thriller Signs topped the box office with $60.3 million knocking Austin Powers in Goldmember into second. Signs which stars Mel Gibson as a retired reverend who sees green people marked the best opening for both Gibson and Shyamalan. In its second weekend of release, Goldmember grossed $32.4 million, for a shagedelic 10-day total of $143 million. Dana Carvey's critically-panned comeback The Master of Disguise debuted in third place with a not-so-disgraceful $13 million, followed by Martin Lawrence Live: Runteldat (No. 4 with $7.5 million). Steven Soderbergh's low-budget comedy Full Frontal opened in limited release with a disappointing $725,000.
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. A.D. The Bible Continues: The First Martyr
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. Jane The Virgin: Chapter Twenty-One