For his last role, Cory Monteith channeled his troubled past to play a drug addict dealer in the upcoming film McCanick. And though Monteith "didn't say it was a cathartic experience ... you could sense it," McCanick's director Josh C. Waller recalled to The Los Angeles Times.found dead Saturday at the age of 31, was open about his struggles with drug and alcohol abuse, and fought for the dark role, which marked a drastic shift away from his Glee character Finn Hudson. "In my mind, I was envisioning a teeny little drug guy [for the role], but Cory Monteith is this tall, strapping man," Waller said Sunday, only hours after Monteith's body was discovered. "But when I met with him, he wanted to do it so badly. He was very vocal about his past, and said he wanted to tap into things from his youth that he hadn't been able to use as an actor yet."
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative