Cory Monteith's cause of death was due to a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol, according to the British Columbia coroner's office.
Monteith's autopsy and toxicological analysis, which was performed Monday, showed that he died from a "mixed drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol."
The Glee star was found dead on Saturday in a hotel in downtown Vancouver, Canada at the age of 31. During a news conference held on Saturday night, Canadian police noted that Monteith had been deceased for some time before his body was found, but foul play was not suspected. In March, He had voluntarily admitted himself in a treatment facility for substance addiction.
Monteith, who previously entered rehab for drug abuse when he was 19, was best known for playing Finn Hudson on the Fox musical dramedy.