As the ultimate fan experience, Comic-Con will take over San Diego Thursday through Sunday with more spandex-wearing superheroes, buff bloodsuckers and kawaii cosplayers than Thor could shake Mjolnir at. TVGuide.com will venture into this chaotic sea of costumes to get the scoop on the latest entertainment news. Here are 13 things we're looking forward to the most at Comic-Con:
1. Captain Tightpants and Browncoats: We can hardly contain our excitement for the Firefly 10-year anniversary reunion on Friday. Not only will Serenity's crew, led by the intrepid Captain Mal Reynolds (Nathan Fillion), be together again, but we've been promised special surprises and giveaways. We'll settle for nothing less than an impromptu sing-along to "The Ballad of Jayne," plenty of unintelligible Chinese and a tear or two shed.
2. Vampire-palooza: Edward and Bella. Bill and Eric. Stefan and Damon. We'll have our pick of the fanged ones at the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2, True Blood and Vampire Diaries panels. Beyond gazing upon their vampiric broodiness, we're expecting answers to a few burning questions: How will Elena act post-transformation? When will Alcide finally score with Sookie? How did Taylor Lautner like imprinting on a kid?
3. Dothraki hordes: The khaleesi herself, Emilia Clarke who plays Daenerys on Game of Thrones, will be in attendance at the HBO drama's panel, and no doubt she'll get an eyeful of fans in copycat white wigs. She'll be joined by a couple of Starks, a Lannister (paying her debts to fans of course), one bastard and the ward we all love to hate, Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen). Author George R.R. Martin will moderate, so we're expecting an update on Book 6 and intel on whether or not HBO will be splitting Book 3 into two seasons.
4. Deb's creative cursing: Dexter's cliff-hanger, in which America's favorite serial killer was witnessed offing a victim by his sister Deb (Jennifer Carpenter), will be the main topic of conversation at Thursday's panel. With his secret out, is this the end of his vigilante killings? Will his dear non-sibling still love him? Plus: Chuck's Yvonne Strahovski will be dropping by to tease her special guest role. Is it fall yet?
5. Finchel in the flesh: Glee broke our hearts on its Season 3 finale when Finn and Rachel parted ways after graduation (but it was out of LOVE!). Stars Lea Michele and Cory Monteith will be on hand to reassure fans that the show choir power couple will make beautiful music again in the upcoming season. And considering last year's panel hub-bub, the producers will probably not be announcing any cast dismissals this time around.
6. Companions, ahoy! Whovians will get to meet Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill when they swoop into the massive Hall H on Sunday for the Doctor Who panel. Not only will this be the Ponds' final season, but the new companion played by Jenna-Louise Coleman will be introduced as well, so we're expecting new footage to give us an idea of her chemistry with the 11th Doctor.
7. Farewell Fauxlivia and Sparty party: With Fringe and Spartacus wrapping up their runs this season, these will be their last panels at the con. Fox's science-fiction drama will tease its climactic and no doubt rather confusing conclusion, while Starz's sword-and-sandal action series will give us an eyeful of naked flesh and bountiful bloodshed. We expect heartfelt speeches and inappropriate laughter.
8. Uncle Bobby alive again: After Bobby bid Sam, Dean and viewers adieu twice during the last season of Supernatural, Sunday's panel is likely the last time we'll see the old cuss in this context. More importantly, the cast and crew will address what's ahead for Season 8, including how long the Winchester brothers will remain apart.
9. Zombie hunting: The Walking Dead will introduce Danai Gurira as Michonne and David Morrissey as The Governor in person to fans who'll get a chance to put the fresh meat (so to speak) on the spot with a Q&A session following a grisly sneak preview of Season 3.
10. Fractured fairy-tales: Panels for Grimm and Once Upon a Time will transport fans to Portland and Storybrooke, respectively, to examine what's ahead for their favorite fairy-tale characters. From Blutbads to Disney princesses, a magical time will be had by all.
11. Artful nerdistry: The Big Bang Theory nerds will invade Hall H for a lively discussion of what's to come, including Penny and Leonard's relationship and Howard's (eventual) return from space.
12. Go, Human Beings! Fans will get to grill the cast and new producers of Community about the departure of creator Dan Harmon and how this will affect Season 4.
13. Dark Knight rider: As part of Warner Bros.' "EXTRA at Comic-Con" outdoor festival, all six Batmobiles from television and film will be on display for diehard fans to pose with and take pictures of, the better to replicate later in their garages.
Check back for more of TVGuide.com's coverage of Comic-Con 2012. What are you looking forward to the most?