Universal execs are celebrating Mummy's Day a week early. The studio's action-packed pic The Mummy Returns a sequel to 1999's The Mummy grossed a record-busting $70.1 million over the weekend to rank as the biggest non-holiday opening in history. (Previous champ, Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, raked in $64.8 million in 1999.) Last week's top flick, Driven, slipped to No. 2 with $6.1 million, followed by Bridget Jones's Diary (No. 3 with $6 million), Spy Kids (No. 4 with $4 million) and Along Came a Spider (No. 5 with $3.8 million).
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. Wayward Pines: Don't Discuss Your Life Before